Sunday, September 13, 2015

Support Letter

Dear Friend,


Missionaries of Charity Hospital in Haiti
I am writing today to ask you to be part of my mission team. My mission partners offer their support of my mission financially and through prayer. I will be transforming the lives of the world by bringing the gospel to the ends of the world and I need your help to do it. Mother Teresa used to say, "Some give by going, and others go by giving." Your support will be used to help me pay for my three month training which will be about $3500, traveling, language school, and international living expenses which are projected to be about $300-500 per month. Part of the donations I will be using to help some of the poorest of the poor where I will be living. The Church challenges us to engage in the works of missions and as a missionary I will living out that call from day to day. I am leaving everything behind to follow Jesus to the ends of the earth and preach the Gospel while serving the poor. I would be very grateful if you'd consider being a part of this great mission God has called me to!
Please donate at: familymissionscompany.com/donate and write my name in the comments section.

I am becoming a missionary! I have said, "Here I am God, I am ready. Send me!" and He will in a few months. I've had a desire of becoming a missionary for a long time. I joined the Catholic Campus Ministry at the University of Miami my junior year of college and found a love for God and serving in His name. I have been to Haiti twice in the past two years of college with some of my closest friends and have seen the need but also the blessing that it is to serve my brothers and sisters in Christ. What a beautiful love and passion for God I encountered there in the Haitian people! Now that I have graduated from FIU, the desire to become a missionary has not gone away, but rather increased as time has gone by. Because of this, I will become part of a missionary organization called Family Missions Company (FMC). FMC sends out lay Catholic families and singles like me to proclaim Jesus Christ and His gospel to the poor. I am currently training for three months in Lafayette, Louisiana and from there will be sent out to one of many different countries where FMC is based, like Mexico, Peru, the Philippines, India, China, Costa Rica, Ecuador, and Haiti where the thirst for the Lord is abundant. We will be working with parishes and the local people, with youth groups, construction and whatever the community needs. 


Love in Christ,
Angelica Hanon

No comments:

Post a Comment