Sunday, September 13, 2015

Just the beginning!

I made it to Louisiana! Getting here was very peaceful and I was confident in my decision of becoming a missionary. Interestingly enough, I had a sudden regret of coming and I asked myself, “what if I made the wrong decision?” and “what if this was my crazy idea and not God’s plan for me?” and “It would be so much easier to be home and get a job and live near all my friend and family.” Which is not a bad thing, but I know it is not what God wants for me right now, I rejected those thoughts because I knew He has made my heart for missions and FMC is where I am supposed to be. I know that for a fact! So, I called the family that was picking me up, the Carmody’s. They have two beautiful girls and two beautiful boys which are a bundle of joy, and as soon as I got in their van I felt the love of God pour on me like I couldn’t even believe! They are the sweetest family and made me feel like I was exactly where God wants me to be! They welcomed me with open arms when they themselves are new missionaries! I knew I was in the right place when all I was getting was love left and right. I got to know them well in the 40 minute car ride from the airport and a Wal-Mart run, I got to hear their call to mission and it is amazing to see the perseverance and complete trust in God . Once I got to the women’s house, I settled in and again I was met with so much welcoming love from my roommates. I will be living with 10 other women! (Thank you to all the women at the Rose Lodge for prepping me) I feel like we are a family already!


Just from what I have experienced so far, I can feel God’s working presence in the lives of all families and singles.  Everyone’s journey is a bit different but such a witness of God’s plan at work and complete surrender to him! The trust that these people have at FMC is in-cre-di-ble! I can’t wait to walk with them and be formed with them and by their witness. We are set to begin “Intake,” which is the official name for the three month training, tomorrow and I am extremely excited for what God has in store for me and all those around me. I have given my life completely to him and I can’t wait to experience the grace, healing, and love I will receive and be able to give throughout Intake and in my future mission. 

No comments:

Post a Comment