Sunday, October 4, 2015

I've been called to share Jesus!

These three weeks have been amazing and filled with so many blessings! The Lord loves me and wants me to grow in his love! I’ve seen this so clearly in all the challenges and blessings that comes with each day of Intake. Each day consists of intense prayer, worship, chores and service around the town of Abbeville. The two most challenging and blessed experiences I’ve had so far have been door-to-door evangelization and giving my testimony to about 50 people!!

The second week of Intake we found out that we had 3 options of service that we could do on Thursdays, they are 1)elderly home visits, 2)soup kitchen service and eating lunch with the homeless of the area, and 3)door-to door evangelization. I was so ready for the first two and I was pumped to bring all the love of Christ to the elderly or the homeless because I have had experiences with both of these ministries. But, the Lord is funny in so many ways and loves to get me out of my idea of “comfortable mission”! So, I got picked to go door-to-door evangelizing. At first I was ok with the idea, but as we got up to knock on the door of the first house, I wanted to run the other way because I had no idea what to say! Luckily, Lauren, the woman in charge of the evangelization in the area, was with me and she did all the talking. I prayed throughout the whole day and was able to see the humble and beautiful welcoming of the people of Cecelia, Louisiana, a town about an hour away from Abbeville. Here I am, thinking I was going to get a door smacked in my face, but the Lord is faithful and I was met with His Love at every house! I ask that you pray for the town of Cecilia. They have had people fall away from the Catholic Church, since there has been a lot of hurt within the community in the past. I will be going every Thursday to spread the love of Jesus please pray for me as well!

The second challenging task, but very fruitful task that the Lord sent my way was giving my testimony! I was asked by Susanna, one of the Family Missions Company (FMC) Missionaries living here and helping train us, and I was so nervous but I agreed to do it! I wanted to find a million and one excuses not to give my testimony, but  I was being called by Jesus to tell others the love that He has given me throughout my life and how He has changed it for the better. We started the night, with some praise and worship and I began to sing and praise God for this hard and challenging task He gave me! I was set on fire from there on. I called on the Holy Spirit and just began to share about my life with Jesus. My fear left me when I got up at the podium, I made some jokes and I even accidently confessed that I used to wet my bed as a kid! I don’t know why, but I guess I was called to share it! It was awesome and I felt like I was filled with the Holy Spirit though out my talk. I was able to share my life and the hurt that I have experience, but how clear it was, that Jesus was present even when I had decided He didn’t exist to me. I shared about how  He has called me for something bigger than myself, spreading His love and word across nations!

Our God is a faithful God and when he calls us out of our personal boundaries, we are met with His love and faithful presence. Thank you Jesus for this opportunity to show the people of Cecilia and here at FMC my personal testimony and the unique and amazing way you have changed my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment